So, what a way to usher in a new year, my first blog post (yes! despite being a digital marketer!) and read about none other than Sir Richard Branson talking about one of Propaganda India’s clients – AyurVAID Hospitals in the Economist. He said it in just about as many words – high-quality health care to the rich and poor alike.
I am still amazed at the overall thought and upon deliberation figured many of our clients are doing just that. It’s not CSR. It’s not charity. It’s definitely running a business – but with a soul. It’s a lot about doing good. It’s not transactional, not just about number crunching, not just about profits – but a new realm of business with community consciousness, customer joy and some things beyond that.
All this among many other things we’ll talk about in 2011. I have categorized them as
– Entrepreneurs Ahoy – A special section for entrepreneurs and start-ups on certain things they ought to think about and fix at the outset of starting a business.
– Going Digital Matters – a co-authored blog with Vidya A. – a social media evangelist from San Antonio, TX. Enroute a PhD – check out her posts at http://phdtalk.totallyvidya.net/
– Marketing 2011 – often we come across challenger brands, companies of friends, fellow entrepreneurs and others who could do with a tip or two from here.
– Propaganda India Trumpet – A list of some ‘makings’ here and some of our work that we’d like to showcase.
– Propaganda Social – Our newest division at Propaganda India that hopes to demystify the social media haze!
– Thought for The Day – Well, we’re all lurking around YT, FB, the internet in general and many many other sites. I love Seth Godin and almost every post of his can become a thought for every day 🙂 All that apart – this is a bunch of randomness that we keep seeing around that might just uncover that big thing you’ve been running after. How about calling it the Inspiration Pot?
So, here’s to a new chapter and as far as enlightened capitalism is concerned, let’s see many more of us do business the new way. Business Unplugged.